Database - Importing to/from .dbf and ODBC
Connect the EZSurvey CGI to the ODBC database
The web server CGI can connect directly to the ODBC database and even update records when using ID Tracking. Please see the ODBC in UNIX or ODBC in Windows for more information.
Connect EZSurvey (Desktop) to the ODBC database.
If your ODBC database does not let you save to an ASCII file, you can connect EZSurvey Pro directly to the ODBC database. Export a tab delimited ASCII file from EZSurvey. Connect EZSurvey Pro to the ODBC database. Then import the ASCII file back into EZSurvey.
- Open the view database window by selecting Database View Database.
- Export the database to ASCII by selection File Export to ASCII.
- Setup a database connection with the ODBC database.
- Open the edit database window by selecting Database Edit Database.
- Import your ASCII file by selecting File Import from ASCII and then select your ASCII file.
Import data from an ODBC database.
For data to be imported from and ODBC database, it is best to save the data to an ASCII file first then import the ASCII file into EZSurvey.
- In your ODBC database program, save the data in an ASCII file.
- Select Database Edit database
- Select File Import from ASCII
- Select the ASCII file to import.
Export to data to an ODBC database.
For data to be imported to an ODBC database (like Access or SQL Server), it is best to save the data to an ASCII file first then import the file into your ODBC database.
- In EZSurvey, save the data in an ASCII file or locate the .DBF file that your survey is associated with.
- Import your database file into your ODBC database. For example, in SQL Server go to Import Data and in Access go to Get External Data. See your ODBC documentation for further details.