Form design: Borrow objects
The Form Design | Borrow objects function allows you to borrow pages, questions, response sets, and bitmaps from various forms. If you have created a object that you want to reuse in another form, the borrow option allows you to transfer
this object between forms quickly and effortlessly.
How to borrow an object between forms.
- Go to the Project name area and select the form that you want to add a question into.
- Select Form Design | Borrow objects from the menu box. When the dialog box appears, select the form that you want to borrow the question from.
- Under the Object menu in the Borrow from window, select the type of object that you want to borrow.
- When the list of the objects to borrow appears in the All objects box below, select the object that you want to borrow and move it into the Objects to borrow box by clicking on the right arrow. You may repeat this process to borrow multiple objects.
- If you highlight an object in the Objects to borrow box and click on the left arrow, the object will return to the All objects box and will not be borrowed into your form.
- If you want to view an object before you borrow it, select the object and click the View button.
- When you have finished selecting objects, click on the Borrow button and the objects will be transferred into your current form.
- To save the objects that you just borrowed, select File | Save Form. If this option is not selected, the objects that you just borrowed WILL NOT be saved into your form. This is a security measure: you must know for sure that you wan
t to save changes you make here.