View - Drawing objects
Drawing objects are shapes and text you can add to your reports. They are useful for
customizing the look of your reports to make them acceptable for presentations, or to
clarify items on the page that might not be self-explanatory.
You have the following drawing objects at your disposal:
- Vertical line creates a straight line
Horizontal line creates a straight line oriented vertically
- Frame creates an unfilled rectangle.
- Box creates a filled rectangle.
- Text creates a text box for creating text objects.
- Font allows you to change the font of the text object.
- Ruler creates a horizontal line with evenly spaced numerical markings
- Plain text creates a single block of descriptive text
Each drawing object can be moved, resized, cloned, cut and pasted. You can also change the
font and/or color of any drawing object. All drawing objects are accessible via the Drawing
To apply a drawing object to the current page:
- Select View Drawing Objects
to display the Drawing object toolbar if it is not already visible.
- Select the shape you want to use.
- A crosshair will appear. Position the crosshair where you want the upper-left
corner of the shape to be and click the left mouse button to apply it to the page.
- To resize the object simply click on the object and drag one of the black squares
to the desired size.