Data - Add Calculation
Data Add Calculation allows you to perform a calculation on an individual response.
Any question or field can have a calculation performed on it.
To perform individual calculations
- Select Data Add Calculation or use the keyboard combination Shift+C to bring
up the Add calculated value dialog box.
- Select a question value from the column on the right.
- Check the sort box to alphebetize the questions.
- Then use the operators ( ) + - * / to build your equation.
- If the respondent had the option of ignoring a question, check the do not calc
if blank data box to leave this response out.
- Then select a case (individual response to a question) that you want to apply
the equation to.
- The following options allow you to change the visual aspects of your output:
- Highlight text color allows you to highlight data above and
below a certain value. The drop down color menu on the left applies to the
higher values and the right menu to the lower values.
- There are also check boxes below for bold, italic and underlining the values.
- Right justify moves values to right of output table.
- You can also add a decimal point to the calculated value if necessary. Changing
the value in the listbox determines how many decimals places are shown.