Raosoft, Inc. Introduction of Raosoft EZSurvey 99
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
July 12, 1999
Raosoft, Inc. releases Raosoft EZSurvey 99 for the Internet, a more powerful version for web sites, with easy and affordable distribution of electronic questionnaires over the Internet/intranet.
Shipping date: August 16, 1999 on!
Contact person to obtain an evaluation copy, or for questions:
Catherine McDole Rao, CEO Raosoft, Inc.
SEATTLE, July 12, 1999—Raosoft EZSurvey 99 for the Internet is version 3, a more powerful version of this easy 32-bit electronic data collection program that lets end users build questionnaires on web sites or distribute them over the Internet, intranets, or any standard Email system. Design is simple and fast to do, and the price affordable. The price remains $399 to an end user for an unlimited use license. EZSurvey 99 strengthens Web site and distribution options, extends form design, and adds to analysis features.
Shipping date for Raosoft EZSurvey 99 for the Internet is August 16. EZSurvey is a 32-bit program for use with Win95/98 and Windows NT. The program requires two megabytes of disk space. It is written in C++. The number of questions and records is unlimited.
After a questionnaire is designed and posted on a web site, responses are immediately saved into the DBF EZSurvey database. For email, the questionnaire is sent out in text format, and when the data returns Raosoft Postmaster automatically saves the data into the DBF database file. Analysis and reports are immediately available from EZSurvey itself, from the Raosoft EZReport or SURVEYWin program, or from any DBF-standard reporting package. If ASCII format is wanted, the data can be exported from EZSurvey in fixed, tab-delimited, or comma-delimited format. The Raosoft EZReport program costs $299, and the SURVEYWin program $495. New users wanting to use EZReport for more advanced analysis have a total cost of $399 EZSurvey + $299 EZReport = $698. End users may also export their data to any alternative reporting software that is based on DBF or ASCII format.
Raosoft EZSurvey 99 includes support for both posting questionnaires on web sites and for distribution by email. The email distribution can be Internet email by POP3 and SMTP, or by any standard network email such as Exchange, cc:Mail, GroupWise or Eudora. EZSurvey 99 includes instant preconfigured statistical templates, so that end users may analyze the returned data. The EZSurvey templates are included in the EZSurvey price. The report templates include pie and bar chart analysis as well as tables and can be printed in color. You may also share results by posting them on a web page, by saving in PDF format and viewing in Adobe Acrobat, or by using Raosoft's free UShow viewer, an .exe that captures specified screens for later display.
Besides an easier to use interface, major new features and improvements include:
• The Auto-Download connects to the web page and downloads the newest data from the web site on demand.
• The Bookmark option allows reentry after saving, as many times as needed. Anonymity is possible even with reentry.
• The Web form can be in a matrix type table layout for screen entry by respondents, in addition to the question and answer vertical layout.
• The Bulk Email option tracks who has responded and who hasn't. You may resend.
• EZSurvey's .EZF form files can be turned into library questions, for either individual libraries or a common library. All with access may use the questions or standard centered web site layouts in the library for quick design and formatting.
• The Advanced Project Settings option provides default web and database settings.
• The design module now shows the Skip (branch) path of a question for fast editing. The newly extended Comment data type (for write-ins) allows unlimited text entry.
• For reports, you may define questions and display option, with text headers and footers.
References to contact: Jim Woodmansee,
U.S. Dept. of Transportation, 202-366-9465 (
Screenshots are available on the Raosoft Web site at http://www.raosoft.com/EZSurvey or select the EZSurvey button on the front page of www.raosoft.com.