FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
August 18, 2004
Raosoft, Inc. releases Raosoft EZSurvey 2004 for the Internet Service Release 1, a version upgrade with major new security features plus a new Active Preview window for accurate and easy form design. For surveys and generic data gathering.
Shipping date: October 1,
Contact person to obtain an evaluation copy, or for questions:
Catherine McDole Rao, CEO Raosoft, Inc.
Customer contacts are located at the end of the press release.
The price remains the same highly affordable $399 to an end user for an unlimited use license of EZSurvey standard and $1500 for EZSurvey 2004 Professional. Both programs contain the new features, listed on the next page.
New features for increased security and improved form design
• Web forms can load and save data directly to a SQL database and allow online updating of SQL databases via ODBC. This feature allows ID Tracking with the SQL database.
• Security protection is increased. New anti-hacking measures include:
• SQL commands are hard-coded into an XML file on the web server to make them invulnerable to nonsense-data attacks.
• Web data is converted into UTF-8 prior to security filtering.
• All SQL commands are generated in UTF-8.
• Two 32-bit login passwords and a 32-bit unique session ID are automatically generated to prevent hackers from guessing access codes.
• The form processor detects buffer overrun attacks and improper file names, and sends an email notification to the web site owner.
• EZSurvey generates .htaccess files with proper web server security settings.
• The server's scripting processor uses an open-source, restricted-memory language processor that prevents modification of files, registry settings, or unauthorized database rows.
• Forms over plain-text email have a user-identification code.
• Email importing and email management is improved. For example, respondent email addresses are embedded to correctly track people who use email forwarding. New text email and HTML email wizards give greater ease for feature selection.
• Mobile improvements extend user applications
• Extended Pocket PC support allows either single or multiple surveys to be published on a single device.
• Major new capacity allows the ability to publish a form running on the Raosoft Personal Web Server to a laptop. Off-site data gathering and interviewing is possible now with laptops as well as handhelds. The laptop can be run as though as a kiosk, also.
• Additional design look-and-feel templates are available for stylish and fast formatting. CSS and DHTML will work with the templates.
• New algorithms allow faster import and export of large data files.
Customer contacts for description of usage and possible case studies:
Albert R Hollenbeck, AARP, Senior Research Advisor, Knowledge Group, Membership
Steve Henderson, Lockheed Martin Training Department, Lockheed Martin, Colorado Springs, CO, 719-277-4517, email: Steve.Henderson@lmco.com. He has used all the Raosoft suite of software and employs data gathering by multiple means, web, LAN, diskette. His group helps provide training evaluation support to the US Air Force.
Jim Gallo, Accountability and Oversight Officer, Dept. of Human Resources, Office of the Secretary, Dept. of Commerce, WA DC, 301-752-6926. He helped move the department out of paper-based surveys into web-based using EZSurvey, and also arranged for Raosoft training for staff on how to write correct questions (to remove wording bias and improve accuracy of results).
Tony Gallagher, Senior Researcher, Educational Program Evaluation, American Red Cross National Headquarters, Falls Church, VA, 703-206-7625, fax 206-7673, email: firstname.lastname@example.org. He uses EZSurvey for evaluation purposes, and arranged for web portal integration.
Screenshots are available on the Raosoft, Inc. Web site at
or go to www.raosoft.com. and select the EZSurvey link.