Edit Menu - Restrict by Date
The Restrict by Date plug-in is supposed to ask for a start date, start time, end date, and an end time. The survey is supposed to be only accessed during that time period. When the survey is accessed outside of that time period there should be an error that shows up on the first page of the survey. The error message can be text or a meta redirect tag.
The validation for the Restrict by Date feature is placed on the first page of the survey. So the first page of the survey may be seen by all users but they will not be able to continue.
- Have the survey file opened (see how to open EZSurvey project).
- Select Edit Restrict by date. The Restrict by Date window will open.
- Select On to Activate the Restrict by Date function.
- Select if you would like to show the user a message or a link.
- Type in the message or URL to be shown to the user if the survey has not yet started.
- Type in the message or URL to be shown to the user if the survey time period is over.
- Select an appropriate Start Date and Time and also an End Date and Time.
- Press Save when you are done.