Edit Menu - Follow Up
The Follow Up mailer will send an email to the list of people in the database after a certain number of days. The Follow Up function can either be turned on or off. The function needs to know where the message file is by specifying it in the appropriate box.
- Select Follow Up from the Edit menu.
- The Follow Up options window will open, enter all the information.
- Create the followup message and put the path in the box.
- Press Save when you are done.
- Set Windows Task Scheduler to execute followup.bat. You can also double click followup.bat.
Setup for daily send out:
- The follow up options will need to be set for every project that is to have the follow up messages sent out.
- In order to have a Windows computer check all of the projects every day automatically, Windows Scheduled Tasks will need to run the followup.bat script file once a day.
- Open MS Scheduled Tasks and select Add Scheduled Task. Choose the file followup.bat to be performed daily. Select a time of day that you know the computer will be turned on. If needed, enter the name of a user and their password.
- To turn the Follow Up feature on in a project, select On from the Follow Up options window.
- The delay refers to how many days will the program wait before sending a message to the recipient. The dates that get compared are the current date on the computer and the date in the DATE field each record.
- The subject line refers to the text in the subject of the message that is sent to the recipient.
- You must Select your email system from the drop down list. Internet mail is recommended.
- The Login name is the name use for the email account.
- The Login password is the password for the email account.
- Email server refers to the name of the mail server that will send the email.
- A log will be kept of all action that the follow up program performs. It is called followup.log.
- Before an email can be sent out for a user. The email address for the user must be specified in the EMAIL field of the database.
- The STATUS field will be use to keep track of if the user has been sent a follow up message. If so, the STATUS field will hold the value FS for Follow up Sent.