Advanced Tutorial - Testing and Scoring
Testing and scoring is used after you administer a test and want to calculate the scores. (EZSurvey Pro only).
- Create your form, publish your form, collect the results of your survey (test).
- Once the you have imported the records into the database, you can perform the scoring calculations on them.
- Open Edit Testing and scoring.
Testing and scoring - Shows the options for what questions to score and how to score them.
- Do you want to calculate scores for this form? - Select Yes to turn Testing and scoring on.
- Which field do you want to save the scores into? - The field you save the score into should be SCORE. It can be changes to another name.
- Which questions do you want to have scored? - The supported question types are Single choice, Weighted score, and Single list.
- How do you want to score the exam?
- 1 point for each correct answer - gives one point for correct answers and zero points for incorrect answers.
- +1.0 for correct answers, -0.5 for incorrect answers - gives one point for correct answers and takes away half a point for incorrect answers.
- +1.0 for correct answers, -0.25 for incorrect answers - gives one point for correct answers and takes away a quarter of a point for incorrect answers.
- Custom algorithm - gives you the option of assigning each a point value to each question.
- Do you want to recalculate scores now? - Select Yes if you have records in the database. When you are done, the calculations will be made.
Testing: Calculate answer key - Shows a list of your all of the questions in your survey, You can select the correct answer to your questions. Each correct answer is given 1 if correct and 0 if incorrect.
Testing: Recalculate score - Run this function to calculate the scores. The database will be updated with a column called SCORE that has the resulting score for each record.
For in depth reporting, EZReport has the functionality to provide results and reports by student as well as aggregated.