How to - Web Polls
A Web Poll or Instant Poll is usually a one question survey that is on the main page of a website. It can also consist of several questions embedded into a website.
- Publish a single page survey onto your website like normal.
- The single page survey will have an HTML page with the question on it. The page will be named project-name.html
- Copy the source from the single page survey and paste it onto your main web site.
- You can edit the source HTML of the poll for formatting as much as you like.
- Web polls often show a summary report. EZSurvey can show a summary report by selecting the Show a summary statistics report option when publishing.
- An alternative to copying the source of the single page survey is to use a server-side include link. Server-side includes are available on all major web servers like Apache and IIS.
- An alternative method to putting the poll on the main page of your web site is to just put a link on the main page that says Click here to take the poll or Click here to view poll results.
- Your poll doesn't have to be a single-page survey. It can be a multi-page survey as well. Just follow the same instructions as above to publish a multi-page web poll.